Celotex and Sustainability
Did you know?
- Energy used in homes is responsible for over 25% of the UK’s CO2 emissions
- UK households account for 61% (and rising) of total UK gas consumption
- UK householder spending on energy has doubled since 2003. A household is deemed fuel poor if it spends more than 10% of its income keeping warm
- 45% of heat is lost through uninsulated solid walls. Installing solid wall insulation nationwide could save up to 14m tonnes of CO2. That’s the equivalent emissions of 3.5 million cars!
- 2.3 million solid wall installations are required by 2022 to meet current climate change targets
- High performance thermal insulation continues to be one of the most cost effective measures for improving thermal efficiency and tackling climate change